lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: search performance
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 06:09:50 GMT
On Mon, 2014-06-02 at 08:51 +0200, Jamie wrote:

[200GB, 150M documents]

> With NRT enabled, search speed is roughly 5 minutes on average.
> The server resources are:
> 2x6 Core Intel CPU, 128GB, 2 SSD for index and RAID 0, with Linux.

5 minutes is extremely long. Is that really the right number? I do not
see a hardware upgrade changing that with the fine machine you're using.

What is your search speed if you disable continuous updates?

When you restart the searcher, how long does the first search take?

- Toke Eskildsen, State and University Library, Denmark