lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shruthi <sse...@imedx.com>
Subject RE: NewBie To Lucene || Perfect configuration on a 64 bit server
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 15:05:22 GMT
Hi,

I have used the data import handler feature of importing 500 RTF's into Solr and have been
able to search the query string also.  I have made use of fq param as a filter query parameter
to limit my search space to only the document ids that I am interested in. However I am bogged
with two questions:
1. Does filter query feature mean limiting of search space or does it actually  scan all the
million Documents index and then create a filter. I am confused on the internals of fq implementations.
Please throw some light onto it.
2. Our input documents are RTF's and we want to display the Solr response in the form of HTML
on browser . All the resultant RTF's should be displayed in the browser retaining the formatting.
I tried using the XSLTResponseWrite on the XMLOutput given by Solr to produce HTML..But the
formatting is all lost. Is there any other way out.

Thanks,

Shruthi Sethi
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
iMedX