lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "308181687" <308181...@qq.com>
Subject 回复: Never close IndexWriter/Reader?
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 04:04:56 GMT
Hi, Mike.  Instead of periodically reopen NRT reader , I open/close it for every search query
, will this result in performance issue?

Thanks
lubin

发件人: "Michael McCandless";<lucene@mikemccandless.com>;
发送时间: 2014年5月4日(星期天) 凌晨1:43
收件人: "Lucene Users"<java-user@lucene.apache.org>;

主题: Re: Never close IndexWriter/Reader?

Just leave your IW open forever and periodically reopen your NRT
reader.  Be sure you close your old NRT reader after opening a new
one; SearcherManager makes this easy when multiple threads are using
the readers.

Committing every 200 docs seems quite frequent: commit is very costly,
and it's only needed for recovery (so you know which docs are in the
index if the machine/OS crashes).

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com