lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NewBie To Lucene || Perfect configuration on a 64 bit server
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 15:25:37 GMT
Try a cURL statement like:

curl "
http://localhost:8983/solr/update/extract?literal.id=doc33&captureAttr=true&defaultField=text"
-F "myfile=@testRTFVarious.rtf

first, then work up to the post.jar bits...

Two cautions:

1> make sure to commit afterwards. Something like

http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/update?commit=true

will work

2> uncomment the line:

<dynamicField name="*" type="string" multiValued="true" />

in your schema.xml (and restart solr).

Also, track your output to see if it went through successfully.

Best,
Erick