lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Never close IndexWriter/Reader?
Date Sat, 03 May 2014 17:43:35 GMT
Just leave your IW open forever and periodically reopen your NRT
reader.  Be sure you close your old NRT reader after opening a new
one; SearcherManager makes this easy when multiple threads are using
the readers.

Committing every 200 docs seems quite frequent: commit is very costly,
and it's only needed for recovery (so you know which docs are in the
index if the machine/OS crashes).

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com