lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jose Carlos Canova <jose.carlos.can...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to locate a Phrase inside text (like a Browser text searcher)
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 23:07:29 GMT
try to use the lucene wildcard. *John*Mail*

The analyzer is just how you want the segment terms on your index. the
query parser is how you tokenize the terms that that you want to query
against the index (something like that). But lucene allows you use the wild
card to handle with "other cases" that your tokenizer cannot detect as a
unique token.

Interesting question indeed, hope that this can help you.

http://lucene.apache.org/core/2_9_4/queryparsersyntax.html#Wildcard%20Searches