lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yann-Erwan Perio <ye.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Luchess: searching chess games with Lucene
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 14:26:49 GMT
Hello,

I've just finished a little side project of mine, and wanted to let
you know about it. Basically, it's a Java web application, which lets
your search chess games using Lucene - hence its cheeky name
"Luchess".

The code is nothing complicated, as I've simply made a standard use of
the API. Representing, indexing and searching chess games was fun; it
gave me the opportunity to create my own tokenizer and collector.
Aside from searching games, the application also calculates
continuations for opening moves, performing aggregation calculations
at search time.

If you're interested and want to give it a try, you can download the
project at http://github.com/elegie/luchess. It's free and open
source, and I've made my best to write quality code and documentation.
Classes relative to the Lucene model can be found in
"projects/luchess-app-lucene4x".

I would like to thank all the participants of the list for their
regular contributions, and especially the people that took the time to
read and answer my questions since I subscribed, about one year ago. I
like Lucene very much, and will probably use it for my next personal
project.

Kind regards.