lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: How to locate a Phrase inside text (like a Browser text searcher)
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 01:46:36 GMT
The word delimiter filter can help for "MorningJohn" by setting its option
to split on case change.

You might be able to handle "Mailhow" using the
DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilter, but that requires that you create a
complete dictionary of terms that can split off. That's not very practical.
In truth, Lucene/Solr doesn't have a good out of the box solution for this
use case.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: teko
Sent: Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:03 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: How to locate a Phrase inside text (like a Browser text searcher)

Hi, someone can help me with it??
I need do a search to locate a phrase inside text, but, I need locate this
phrase on texts like that:
'John Mail' <- phrase I want locate
' Good Morning John Mail how are you? ' < I need find this phrase here
' Good MorningJohn Mail how are you? ' < here too
' GoodMorning John Mailhow are you? ' < and here

I tried using with 'WhiteSpaceAnalyzer' and 'QueryParser'... but not work
(locate just in the first sample above... but not the others)

Please, I really need help with it!
Thanks (note: Sorry my english!! xD)