lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to add machine learning to Apache lucene
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 00:24:35 GMT
Hi Diego,

There is no such thing in lucene ecosystem yet. Although some ideas

http://search-lucene.com/m/WwzTb2nt1Tk1
http://search-lucene.com/m/WwzTb2d9o2m

float time to time.

I would like to integrate https://code.google.com/p/jforests/ and create a prototype my self
in the future.

New added features SOLR-6088 LUCENE-5489 looks promising.

Ahmet

On Friday, May 16, 2014 6:30 PM, Diego Fernandez <difernan@redhat.com> wrote:

I've actually been wondering about this as well.  More specifically, I've been wondering
if there's any kind of framework to integrate some sort of learn to rank approach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_to_rank)
to Lucene/Solr.  Although a similar result can be accomplished by using boost functions,
it becomes very hard to find the "optimal" boost value for each of the features that you'd
like to use.  An ML framework like this could allow us to "learn" what these values are,
as well as allow us to use non-numeric features (depending on the ML approach).  If anyone
has tried this or has some insight I'd be really interested to hear about it.

Diego Fernandez - 爱国
Software Engineer
US GSS Supportability - Diagnostics