lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Diego Fernandez <difer...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How to add machine learning to Apache lucene
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 13:57:16 GMT
I've actually been wondering about this as well.  More specifically, I've been wondering if
there's any kind of framework to integrate some sort of learn to rank approach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_to_rank)
to Lucene/Solr.  Although a similar result can be accomplished by using boost functions, it
becomes very hard to find the "optimal" boost value for each of the features that you'd like
to use.  An ML framework like this could allow us to "learn" what these values are, as well
as allow us to use non-numeric features (depending on the ML approach).  If anyone has tried
this or has some insight I'd be really interested to hear about it.

Diego Fernandez - 爱国
Software Engineer
US GSS Supportability - Diagnostics