lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shruthi <sse...@imedx.com>
Subject RE: NewBie To Lucene || Perfect configuration on a 64 bit server
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 14:35:00 GMT

WEB:
www.imedx.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf Heyde [mailto:xoodrenalin@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:56 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: AW: NewBie To Lucene || Perfect configuration on a 64 bit server

Hey,

I have several notes about your process.

1st: How you select the documents you are passing to the index for further
searching? Maybe it is more straight forward to "find" them on you
programming language?
2nd: Storage is cheap, buy a hard-disk and store the overall index. The most
expensive operation is the indexing and the first read access (caching on
Lucene / OS level). Imagine what happens when you build the index and delete
it afterwards just for a "simple" search operation on a subset of your
documents.

Cheers, Ralf