lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shruthi <sse...@imedx.com>
Subject NewBie To Lucene || Perfect configuration on a 64 bit server
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 10:40:27 GMT
Hi,

We are using Lucene 4.7 on our server application for searching the documents placed on a
nasshare.  We have 10 million+ documents and have decided not to index all the documents.
The strategy that we applied is as follows:

1.       Client makes a request with a search phrase. Lucene application indexes a list of
500 documents(at max. ) and searches the phrase on the index constructed.

2.       After search operation and results are returned to client we delete the indexes.

3.       Second client makes a request and we follow the process of building, searching and
deleting the index all over again.

4.       Request can come paralleled also.

We have decided to use MMapDirectory for above requirement. Given below is our server configuration.

System architecture - 64 bit.
OS - Windows 2008, 64 bit Virtual Machine
Java JRE - 1.6
RAM - 4 GB
CPU - 4 CPU

Can you guide us the best way/ configuration to go about with using MMapDirectory.

Thanks,
Shruthi Sethi
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
iMedX