lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexReplication Client and IndexWriter
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 10:26:48 GMT
IndexRevision uses the IndexWriter for deleting unused files when the
revision is released, as well as to obtain the SnapshotDeletionPolicy.

I think that you will need to implement two things on the "client" side:

* Revision, which doesn't use IndexWriter.
* Replicator which keeps track of how many refs a file has (basically what
IndexFileDeleter does)

Then you could setup any node in the middle to be both a client and a
server. Would be interesting to explore that. Would you like to open an
issue? And maybe even try to come up w/ a patch?

Shai