lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jose Carlos Canova <jose.carlos.can...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiply instead of summing two scores
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2014 15:54:13 GMT
Hum,

You don't have a document weight you have a Document Score in relation of
other documents on the index during a search event. On practice the
document weight will be the sum of the weight of the terms in relation with
an Index.

You might find this presentation useful.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~wcohen/whirl-talk.pdf

Lucene terms weight and document scoring is a similar model.