lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jose Carlos Canova <jose.carlos.can...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting IndexWriterConfig details for a closed index
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 14:40:27 GMT
You can persist the IndexConfiguration somewhere using a Serializable
object and persisting the configuration on a "File using an
ObjectOutputStream", persist the configuration on a "persistent mechanism
like a Database or on a fever of the moment a JSON storage" or like "Solr"
using a Xml File.

I don't realize any other alternative at moment.

The Index Configuration indeed is the most simple configuration in Lucene,
you don't have too much parameters to worry about as you mention, major
issue is that the Index can store multiple documents configurations and
since the search is applied over fields on Documents, major gap is "which
Document set was used on an Index".

Regards.