lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Arjen van der Meijden <acmmail...@tweakers.net>
Subject Re: Indexing Huge tree structure represented in a Text file
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:22:09 GMT
Given that he is already using Java, simply building a object-tree based
on the text file may be also possible. Although a 300MB file may turn
out to be fairly large in memory consumption (possibly caused by quite a
bit of object-overhead).

If that turns out to consume too much memory there are other alternative
data-structures, like a graph database (like neo4j) or some object-database.

Anyway, I wouldn't turn towards Lucene either as my first choice for
this problem.

Best regards,

Arjen