lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Kaser <lucene_l...@iconparc.de>
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 07:42:00 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying out the (highly useful) index replicator module (with the
HttpReplicator) and have stumbled upon a question:
It seems, the IndexReplicationHandler is working directly on the index
directory, without using an indexwriter. Could there be a problem if I
open an IndexWriter on the client side?
Usually, this should not be needed, as only the master should be
changed, however if I want to implement a "tree topology", I need an
IndexWriter on a non-leaf client, because the IndexRevision that I need
to publish needs one.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Dipl.-Inf. Christoph Kaser

IconParc GmbH
Sophienstrasse 1
80333 München

www.iconparc.de

Tel +49 -89- 15 90 06 - 21
Fax +49 -89- 15 90 06 - 49

Geschäftsleitung: Dipl.-Ing. Roland Brückner, Dipl.-Inf. Sven Angerer. HRB
121830, Amtsgericht München