lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rune Stilling <s...@rdfined.dk>
Subject Multiply instead of summing two scores
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:41:43 GMT
Hi list

Normally when I search with multiple terms using a BooleanQuery the calculated weights of
each term are added/summed together to give a document the final score. Lets say thats fine
for most fields in my index. I’ll name these fields F1 and F2. So a weight is calculated
likes this:

doc weight = f1_weight + f2_weight

Now I add a third field (F3) for which I want a different score calculation. If theres a match
in this field I would like to multiply this field weight with the sum of the other weights,
like this:

doc weight = (f1_weight + f2_weight) * f3_weight

This is a kind of query dependent document boost.

I can’t find out where to determine/control this behavior in Lucene i.e.. how the document
weight is calculated from each term weight.

With regards,
Rune Stilling