lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From kumagirish <kumagir...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 03:14:47 GMT
Hello,

i am a new user of lucene

i need some help with lucene

i have a text file of  300 mb(some times it can be more) which contains data
representing a metadata of an Automotive product assembly

example Car-->engine
                    -->Chasis
                    -->Body
                    -->Crank Shaft
                    -->CAM Shaft
etc.

now each first level items can have sub items represented as a tree
structure
each file i get with such information is huge
I need to build a tree structure from this file and represent in a JTree
which i have already done
For performance reasong what i am doing is populating some of the nodes in
the tree structure to a certain level and when ever the user clicks on the
expand button i am expanding furthur structure

The next problem i need to do is in the text file that we get we have some
attribute information of each part
i need build a dash board depicting the attribute count
say for example:for each part we have

1.Creation date
2.Modified date
3.Release Status
4.Owning user
5.Owning group

the stake holders want to see how many parts are created by owning user say
"Girish"
how many parts belong to Owning Group "Engineering".

My problem that i am facing is i am not getting the correct amount of count
of nodes under a selected node so that i count metrics as mentioned above
and display it in a dashboard

I would like to know if it is possible to extract Ids of selected nodes and
their children(each node has an unique ID i am planning to index all the
attributes including this id ) and send them to Lucene search

Please help

thanks in advance

regards,

Girish Durgasi