lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@mailarchiva.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 4.7 intermittently not applying query filter
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:41:29 GMT
I beg your pardon. Its our EmailFilter class that emits the tokens. We
do it this way, since users like to search using individual components
of an email address. e.g. joe or mycompany.com.au. I think we may have a
synchronization issue at play. I will perform some further testing and
will get back to you. Thank you.

On 2014/03/28, 5:28 PM, Steve Rowe wrote:
> Jamie,
>
> UAX29URLEmailTokenizer does not emit email components as tokens; “john.doe@mycompany.com.au”
will be tokenized as “john.doe@mycompany.com.au”, nothing more.  That’s why I asked
what EmailFilter does.

> If the filter really is ignored by Lucene, that would be a bug in Lucene.  I think something
else is likely going on, though, which is why I asked you for an example query matching too
many docs and a doc it improperly matches.