lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "G.Long" <jde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: encoding problem when retrieving document field value
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 17:40:36 GMT
Hi :)

I've got this result directly from tncTitle in the following code:

field = doc.getFieldable(IndexConstants.FIELD_TNC_TITLE);
if (field != null) {
       tncTitle = field.stringValue();
}

ps: in my previous email, the copy/paste of the apostrophe html number
made it appear correctly although it's not when I debug my code. I get :
"lapplication n° 90-1258" from field.stringValue();

Gary

Le 03/03/2014 18:33, Uwe Schindler a écrit :
> Hi G. Long,
>
> Most likely, the problem is in your application. Lucene does not change the value stored
in the index. For stored fields, Lucene does not deal with entities, it's just binary data
to Lucene. From your application perspective, it is String in -> String out. I think maybe
you strip the entities when you output the data to the user?