lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "G.Long" <jde...@gmail.com>
Subject encoding problem when retrieving document field value
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 17:09:21 GMT
Hi :)

My index (Lucene 3.5) contains a field called title. Its value is
indexed (analyzed and stored) with the WhitespaceAnalyzer and can
contains html entities such as &#146; or &#176;

My problem is that when i retrieve values from this field, some of the
html entities are missing.
For example :

Luke tells me that the stored value is : "l&#146;application n&#176;
90-1258" and when I retrieve the field value in my application, I get
"l’application n° 90-1258".

The apostrophe is not in the returned value whereas the ° character is
present.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Gary