lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Please help me in migrating Apache Lucene 2.9 to 4.7.0
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 23:10:22 GMT
Hi,

I would recommend to first upgrade to Lucene 3.6. The changes to that version are much easier
to do, because you can do the following migration steps: Remove any deprecated code from your
classes (so carefully remove any deprecation warning when compiling your code with 2.9 - after
that it should mostly compile with 3.6 - but this depends on the features used and the complexity
of your code). In addition, Lucene 4 can no longer read indexes from Lucene 2.9. If you want
to reuse your already built indexes, you have to upgrade to 3.6 in any case as an extra step
during data migration (and use the IndexUpgrader command line tool to bring your index to
Lucene 3.6 format, which can be read by Lucene 4.x again). Then follow the migration guide
to migrate your code from 3.6 to 4.x: http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_7_0/MIGRATE.html

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler