lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jon Stewart <...@lightboxtechnologies.com>
Subject Re: Faceting and Query-time Joins
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:22:17 GMT
Child values. There really isn't a true parent, other than to refer to
the collection of children. However, the children are all of different
types and I'd expect that a given facet would only pertain to a given
child, i.e., you're not going to get a second child which involves the
same facet.

A bit unusual is that I care more about indexing performance and less
about query latency. I don't want queries that take too long, of
course, but a second or two or three is fine, and I don't expect much,
if any, concurrency (nor is adding RAM :-). So having to do a little
more work at query time isn't that big of a concern if I can avoid
re-indexing.

Jon