lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cemo <cemalettin....@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:54:08 GMT
I am quite new to Lucene. I am trying to prepare an application where:

   1. ~ 100K documents exist.
   2. ~ 4 search server will be utilized
   3. Documents are not frequently updated and I want to check every minute
   a deletion or addition.
   4. I am ready to sacrifice some system resource to keep my setup as
   simple as possible

Here are my questions:

   1. I would like to create a single index folder and mapping this folder
   to each server. Is this a good practice?
   2. Instead of updating
   (org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriterConfig.OpenMode#CREATE_OR_APPEND) my
   indexes, I want to overwrite them. Opening my indexes with
   IndexWriterConfig.OpenMode.CREATE seems enough. I am considering that
   SearcherFactory can warm and prepare my IndexReader for live system. Is
   this a good way or am I totally in wrong direction?
   3. During IndexWriter operations such as overwriting indexes, what are
   the consequences of "searcherManager.acquire();"? I am afraid of having
   some concurrency errors at live system under heavy load.

Thanks