lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding DrillDown search
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 04:28:43 GMT
Hi

If you want to drill-down on first name only, then you have several options:

1) Index Author/First, Author/Last, Author/First_Last as facets on the
document. This is the faster approach, but bloats the index. Also, if you
index the author Author/Jebarlin, Author/Robertson and
Author/Jebarlin_Robertson, it still won't allow you to execute a query
Author/Jebar.

2) You should modify the query to be a PrefixQuery, as if the user chose to
search Author/Jeral*. You can do that with DrillDown.term() to create a
Term($facets, Author/Jeral) (NOTE: you shouldn't pass '*' as part of the
CategoryPath) and then construct your own PrefixQuery with that Term.

Hope that helps,
Shai