lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter croaks on large file
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:20:32 GMT
Hmm, why are you indexing such immense documents?

In 3.x Lucene never sanity checked the offsets, so we would silently
index negative (int overflow'd) offsets into e.g. term vectors.

But in 4.x, we now detect this and throw the exception you're seeing,
because it can lead to index corruption when you index the offsets
into the postings.

If you really must index such enormous documents, maybe you could
create a custom tokenizer  (derived from StandardTokenizer) that
"fixes" the offset before setting them?  Or maybe just doesn't even
set them.

Note that position can also overflow, if your documents get too large.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com