lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: simple question about index reader
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:18:17 GMT
The reader holds all the underlying files still open, and relies on
the filesystem to "protect" still-open files that are deleted.

Windows does this by refusing to allow deletion.  Unix does it by
keeping the file bytes available on disk but removing the directory
entry ("delete on last close").

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com