lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Harshvardhan Ojha <ojha.harshvard...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Algorithm for retrieving docs
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 04:50:48 GMT
Hi All,

I have a question regarding retrieval of documents by lucene.
I know lucene uses many files on disk to keep documents, each comprising
fields in it, and uses many IR algorithms, and inverted index to match
documents.

My question is :
1. How lucene stores these documents inside file system and gets it so fast?
2. Does lucene uses any Hashing algorithm to get docs in O(1) ? If not
which DS is         used by lucene ?
3. Except id provided by us at the time of indexing, is there any other
unique identifier       which is assigned by lucene to its documents ?

I will appreciate If someone can provide me with source file names to study
these algorithms in detail.

Regards
Harshvardhan Ojha