lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which is better ,Search through query and whole text document or search through query with document field.
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:39:06 GMT
The one that meets your requirements most easily will be the best.

If people will want to search for words in particular fields you'll
need to split it but if they only ever want to search across all
fields there's no point.

A common requirement is to want both, in which case you can split it
and also store everything in a common field called something like
"contents".  Or look at MultiFieldQueryParser.

--
Ian.