lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonghui Zhao <zhaoyong...@gmail.com>
Subject simple question about index reader
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:14:34 GMT
Hi,

I am new to lucene and I get a simple question about index reader.

If I open a DirectoryReader say reader1 based on a disk directory, then the
lucene index directory is changed, to get new result I need get a new
DirectoryReader.

Suppose reader1 will get the result before the change forever.

I am wondering how lucene can guarantee reader1's result is not changed.

If I delete all docs from the folder after reader1 is opened,  after
optimize the directory should be empty now, how can reader1 still get old
result?