lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "G.Long" <jde...@gmail.com>
Subject Fuzzy query on capital letters does not match documents
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 17:15:09 GMT
Hi :)

In my lucene index, there are documents with a field title. values of
this field are indexed with a whitespace analyzer. When I search for
documents, I create a boolean query which includes fuzzy queries for the
title. The final query looks like: +tnc_title:portant~0.7
+tnc_title:création~0.7 +tnc_title:mention~0.7 +tnc_title:rugby~0.7
+tnc_title:XV~0.7

One of the documents in the index has all these words in its title but
the query does not return any results. If I remove the +tnc_title:XV~0.7
part, the document is found.

Is there any known issue with upper case letters and fuzzy queries?

Regards,

Gary