lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Igor Shalyminov <ishalymi...@yandex-team.ru>
Subject Sending a document to IndexWriter field by field
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 20:22:24 GMT
Hello!

I'va faced a problem of indexing huge documents. The indexing itself goes allright, but when
the document processing becomes concurrent, OutOfMemories start appearing (even with heap
of about 32GB).
The issue, as I see it, is that I have to create a Document instance to send it to IndexWriter,
and Document is just a collection of all the fields, all in RAM.
With my huge fields, it would be so much better to have the ability of sending document fields
for writing one by one, keeping no more than a single field in RAM.
Is it possible in the latest Lucene?

--
Best Regards,
Igor Shalyminov