lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sree <mail2sreed...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Suggestions Required] 110 Concurrency users indexing on Lucene dont finish in 200 ms.
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 10:23:35 GMT
We tried a standalone program to index 50 documents from 100 threads
concurrently. We executed the program for 1000 threads with 10 mins delay to
avoid jvm warming issue as you suggested in last post.
Also we are running with restricted heap size i.e 124MB ( as our product is
running in linux with a shared heapsize of 124MB for lucene.) in both
windows and linux. We can see that there is a performance difference in
Windows and in linux.

Please find attached result, where we have an average time taken per thread
except the first run (since it may have the jvm warming impact)

Lucene_win_linux_Diff.xlsx
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4118525/Lucene_win_linux_Diff.xlsx>

Please share your thought...

thanks