lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject LUCENE-5388 AbstractMethodError
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 09:49:37 GMT
Hi,

Apologies for cross posting; i got no response on the Sorl list.

We have a developement environment running trunk but have custom analyzers and token filters
built on 4.6.1. Now the constructors have changes somewhat and stuff breaks. Here's a consumer
trying to get a TokenStream from an Analyzer object doing TokenStream stream = analyzer.tokenStream(null,
new StringReader(input)); throwing:

Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
	at org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer.tokenStream(Analyzer.java:140)

Changing the constructors won't work either because on 4.x we must override that specific
method: analyzer is not abstract and does not override abstract method createComponents(String,Reader)
in Analyzer :)

So, any hints on how to deal with this thing? Wait for 4.x backport of 5388, or do something
clever like <...> fill in the blanks.

Many thanks,
Markus