lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nirav Patel <nira...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene 4.6 SpanNearQuery or PhraseQuery with Optional term
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 02:16:37 GMT
Hi,

Here's my problem, I want to do fuzzy query on "advanced dc motors inc"
which matches to all of the following with close score:
advanced dc motors inc
advanced dc motro incorporation
advanced dc motor 1234 inc
advance dc motor 1234123

And then I have to evaluate automatically whether I found potential
match(es) or not

So far I tried

1) fuzzy query for each token + exact pharse match
this works but scores poorly( under fraction 0.5, 0.3 ) so I cant threshold
as scores similar fraction (0.2, 0.3) for completnon matching results. I
dont know how to threshold here.

2) I tried spannearquery with fuzzy term which does seem very precise but
very less recall since it expect all terms (or edit variatioins of it) to
be presented in document.

THanks