lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vitaly Funstein <vfunst...@gmail.com>
Subject SnapshotDeletionPolicy API changes
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 19:47:23 GMT
I see that SnapshotDeletionPolicy no longer supports snapshotting by an
app-supplied string id, as of Lucene 4.4. However, my use case relies on
the policy's ability to maintain multiple snapshots simultaneously to
provide index versioning semantics, of sorts. What is the new recommended
way of doing this?

I see that release() now accepts IndexCommit; does this mean that I am now
responsible for maintaining a map of string ids to IndexCommit instances
myself? What about the situation when multiple snapshots refer to the same
commit point - I need to do reference counting and make sure I don't
release the commit until the snapshot reference count reaches 0, similar to
how release() was implemented before this change?

Not sure what the rationale for this was, but it seems like the change
makes use of this API harder than before... unless I'm totally missing
something obvious.