lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: updating docs when using SortedSetDocValuesFacetFields
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:43:06 GMT
Note that Lucene doesn't support general in-place document updates, and
updating a document means first deleting it and adding it back.

Therefore if you only intend to add/change few categories of an existing
document, you have to fully re-index the document. This is not specific to
categories but applies for any field that you add, except NumericDocValues
fields which support in-place document updates since Lucene 4.6.

Shai