lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: TieredMergePolicy and Doc ordering
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2014 10:23:31 GMT
Lucene's internal docIDs will change their order, but often this
doesn't matter and you won't see it.

E.g. if you search and you're sorting by your ID field then Lucene's
docID assignments has no effect.

It's only for tie-breaks where Lucene falls back to its docID to break the tie.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com