lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Brusic <i...@brusic.com>
Subject Changing similarity at query time
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:41:28 GMT
I am currently using document-level boosts, which really translates to
changing the norm for every field under the covers. As part of an
experiment, I want to remove the boost, but that would require either
re-indexing content or changing the scoring algorithm (similarity).

If I create my own similarity, which would be identical to the
default/TFIDF similarity but with the norm hardcoded to 1.0. The Lucene
source warns against such behavior. I am assuming this is because it
appears computeNorm is only run at index time,but shouldn't I be able to
override score() and ignore the decodeNormValue calculation?

Cheers,

Ivan