lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <youngestachie...@gmail.com>
Subject Associating a FieldValueFilter with a search query
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 06:46:17 GMT
Hello,

I would like to search for documents that do not have a value for a
particular field. I understand org.apache.lucene.search.FieldValueFilter
serves the purpose to filter out documents that have/do-not-have a value.

I am just wondering the way to associate this filter with a Query object. I
use QueryParser to construct the Query object. Let me illustrate with a
sample query.

Sample Query : (Author:John OR Author:Harry) AND (-Published_Year:NULL OR
Title:Delhi*)

In the above query, I just want to use the FieldValueFilter for the
criteria *-Published_Year:NULL*

Am I missing something basic here? Glad if you can help. Thanks in advance.

--
With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,