lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: What is the best way to aggregate scores for sets of documents?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:08:14 GMT
Maybe the join module fits here?  For example you can join "up" to a
single parent from multiple child hits.  I described one of the
options (now called ToParentBlockJoinQuery) here:
http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2012/01/searching-relational-content-with.html
but there is also query-time joining now as well, which Martijn
described here:
http://blog.trifork.com/2012/01/22/query-time-joining-in-lucene/

Mike McCandless

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Manuel Amoabeng <mamoabeng@vjoon.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

> I am currently working on an index where the documents only represent parts of the entities
that should be searchable:
> We have text objects indexed as independent documents but actually want to find articles
the text objects are placed on. We also need to provide an indication of the relevance of
the matched articles.
> In this scenario the way the content of an article is distributed in text objects will
determine how many hits representing the article are present in TopDocs.scoreDocs and what
score they carry.

> Is there are a way to aggregate the scores for logically connected ScoreDocs so that
the result would be similar to the score a single document containing all matched content
would have gotten?