lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: FST Builder pruning
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:47:39 GMT
When you turn on pruning, FST Builder will just remove nodes that
don't have a high enough count of input terms traversing through them.
 E.g. if minSuffixCount1 is 100 then only FST nodes that see >= 100
input terms coming through them, are preserved.

You can use this to build a prefix trie instead of the full FST.

Creating a custom tail freezer is very expert: it lets you implement
arbitrary logic on which nodes are pruned or not.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com