lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Goutham Tholpadi <gtholp...@gmail.com>
Subject Similarity calc for NumericRangeQuery
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:43:24 GMT
When I include a BooleanClause with a NumericRangeQuery, the results for
MUST are different from those for SHOULD (as expected). My question is:

In the case of SHOULD, is the NumericRangeQuery effectively ignored? Is
there a similarity calculation based on how far the document's field value
is outside the given range? From the output of IndexSearcher.explain(), it
appears that the NumericRangeQuery clause is ignored when I use SHOULD, but
perhaps I am doing it wrong.

Finally, if it is indeed ignored, which is the best place to insert the
code to do this?

Thanks!
Goutham