lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Amoabeng <mamoab...@vjoon.com>
Subject Re: What is the best way to aggregate scores for sets of documents?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:17:36 GMT
Sounds good, but wouldn't  the aggregated scores of documents consisting of many sub-documents
potentially be greater than the scores of docs with very few sub-documents even if the overall
content is equal?

Thanks,

Manuel

On 07.11.2013, at 14:08, Alan Burlison <alan.burlison@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/11/2013 10:59, Manuel Amoabeng wrote:
>
>> Is there are a way to aggregate the scores for logically connected
>> ScoreDocs so that the result would be similar to the score a single
>> document containing all matched content would have gotten?
>
> I did something similar by just post-processing the query results, grouping by the upper-level
construct and adding up all the scores for the sub-documents, then sorting by aggregated score.
Crude, but gives good relevancy in the results.