lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <raghavendra.k....@barclays.com>
Subject How to perform Wildcard search when using WhitespaceAnalyzer?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 03:14:17 GMT
Hi All,

Sorry to repeat this question from my previous mail chain, but I am hoping the modified subject
will catch someone's attention - in case they are familiar with this situation.

Could any one please suggest if it is possible to perform Leading and / or trailing wildcard
searches using WhitespaceAnalyzer? I was able to do such searches using StandardAnalyzer but
Lucene Search simply seems to ignore the wildcards with WhitespaceAnalyzer. The issue is also
not with the case as I have ensured that the case both in index and search terms are the same.

WhitespaceAnalyzer works well for my cause, hence I don't want to switch back to StandardAnalyzer.

////////////// Code //////////////

strBufSearchString.append("\"" + QueryParser.escape(strTxtSearchString.trim().toUpperCase())
+ "*" + "\"");

Analyzer analyzer = new WhitespaceAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_43);

QueryParser parser = new QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_43, "CONTENTS", analyzer);

query = parser.parse(strBufSearchString.toString());

//////////////////////////////////////////

Please suggest. It is real urgent.. Appreciate any possible help!

Regards,

Raghu

This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer or
solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction.
It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use.
Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.

For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer regarding
market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants;
and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please
see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.