lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Amoabeng <mamoab...@vjoon.com>
Subject What is the best way to aggregate scores for sets of documents?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:59:13 GMT
Hello everybody,

I am currently working on an index where the documents only represent parts of the entities
that should be searchable:
We have text objects indexed as independent documents but actually want to find articles the
text objects are placed on. We also need to provide an indication of the relevance of the
matched articles.
In this scenario the way the content of an article is distributed in text objects will determine
how many hits representing the article are present in TopDocs.scoreDocs and what score they
carry.

Is there are a way to aggregate the scores for logically connected ScoreDocs so that the result
would be similar to the score a single document containing all matched content would have
gotten?

Thanks and best regards,

Manuel