lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QueryParser stripping off Hyphen from query
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:43:26 GMT
If you want to keep hyphens you could try WhitespaceAnalyzer.  But
that may of course have knock on effects on other searches.  Don't
forget to use the same analyzer for indexing and searching, unless
you're doing clever things.

An alternative is to create the queries directly in code, but you'll
still need to match up what you pass with what has been indexed.

--
Ian.