lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: queries with "&&" doesn't work but "AND" does
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:44:54 GMT
Looks like you've got some XML processing in there somewhere.  Nothing
to do with lucene.  This code:

    public static void main(String[] _args) throws Exception {
QueryParser qp = new QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_44,
"x",
new StandardAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_44));
for (String s : _args) {
   System.out.printf("%s: %s\n", s, qp.parse(s));
}
    }

produces this output:

hello && goodbye: +x:hello +x:goodbye
hello AND goodbye: +x:hello +x:goodbye

--
Ian.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Devi pulaparti <pvkdevi@gmail.com> wrote:
> toString output by queryparser.parse()  for query   TEST && USAGE  is "
> content:TEST content:\"amp amp\" content:USAGE "  .
> and for query  TEST AND USAGE is "+content:TEST +content:USAGE"
> any idea why is analyzer treating && as content?
>

> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Alan Burlison <alan.burlison@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 10/10/2013 09:27, Devi pulaparti wrote:
>>
>>  In our search application, queries like  test && usage  do not return
>>> correct results but  test AND usage works fine.  So queries with "&&"
>>> doesn't work but "AND" does. We are using default queryparser with
>>> standard
>>> analyzer. Could some one please help me resolving this. please let me know