lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance/scoring impacts with multiple occurrences of a field
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:46:54 GMT
With multiple fields of the same name vs a single field I doubt you'd
be able to tell the difference in performance or matching or scoring
in normal use.  There may be some matching/ranking effect if you are
looking at, say, span queries across the multiple fields.

Try it out and see what happens.

--
Ian.